Ok here we go, this is a rumour mill spot but after months of research I am willing to spew into your little laps.
Here's what we got so far:
* It IS an new MMORPG.
* It appears at this time to be a singular world map currently approximated at 20 times the current size of Azeroth.
* It will use a more "realistic looking" gaming engine.
* The Blizzard "Hydra" team (formally the Diablo 3 team) are now almost universally working on this new project.
* This is NOT a world of warcraft project
ok so thats the facts as we know it so far, lets hit the rumours:
* The game will take place in a photo-realistic world and have only a single inclusive world rather than dedicated world and instance servers.
* It appears to have an "industrial age" style feeling leading up to some quite interesting tech and transport ideas eg: airships, auto-gyros, hot air balloons etc.
* Blizz are attempting to make sure at all WoW players and there current systems will be able to play the new game on minimum settings.
....and thats it....
...no seriously, Blizz have been so tight lipped on this that almost no info has got out.
...ok fine there is one more piece of scuttlebutt but somehow i doubt its authenticity because of the sheer technical enormity that would be required. There was a rumour regarding the new MMO being a fully phased world from the moment you log in.
So how this is rumoured to work is as follows: As you log in you join a phased timeline of your very own as you pass specific key points in the game meaning you will only be interacting with those in game that are at a similar level range to yourself. What this means is that ganking from high levels may well be a thing of the past as well as level 1 gold spam from trial accounts once you phase out of the starting zone.
ok now im really done, thats it, more info as i get it.