Saturday, October 20, 2007

Daily Blog: Stupid computer.....


As a bit of a laugh last night i decided to "optimise" my computer...

...i started by cleaning up my HD and scrapping all my unused programmes and defragging my (C)drive, it went so damn well i though it may be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall my antivirus and this time only load the components i use and kill the ones i don't (like that stupid anti spam filter) after about 3 hours of installing later...i knew something was up...

...it turns out that because i hadn't opened the firewall to the various programmes and allowed them access that they were all auto quarantined as PUP's but because there were so damn many of them and because they were tied to so many of my systems primary functions (such as Hare to my RAM) that my whole damn computer decided to kick me in the dick and shut down.

So I've spent the day doing a full system restore and reinstalling every single damn programme & game back onto my comp.....including WoW, silkroad online & FFXI. Add to this that about 30% of my comps software was freeware from the Internet (like my 3GP MP4 converter & DVD shrink etc.) means that i've had to go looking for many of the programmes i use on a daily basis and re-download them.

So yea I'm an idiot...

But it has given me the opportunity to do a full backup of my system and optimise everything to a reasonable level. But i gotta say I'm STILL reinstalling WoW and its 101 patches of pain but none the less i still think it was worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ariesanitcs.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Powered By Blogger